- Before heading home, plan the next day.
- A snack of carbohydrates before bedtime and induce sleepiness.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine just before bedtime.
- Go to bed the same time every night to keep your internal clock on time.
- Exercise every day to rev your metabolism.
- Take short breaks every 60 to 90 minutes when attention and focus flag.
- Avoid sitting for long periods. Stand and move around for five minutes every hour.
- If you feel sleepy, take a few deep breaths, but not so deep that you get dizzy.
- Choose natural energy snacks, such as fruit or nuts, instead of processed energy bars, candy, soda, or caffeine.
- De-compress after leaving work and become energized before you arrive home by taking a five-minute meditation break or a vigorous walk around the block.
Thursday, May 7, 2015
Daily Productivity Boosters