Occasionally, you or one of your employees will be confronted by an unhappy client or customer. It is never easy, but there are certain ways to handle the situation correctly.
- Focus on the client and listen attentively.
- Allow the person to vent without interruption.
- Stay calm and objective.
- After the client is finished, repeat what you heard was the customer's concerns.
- Remain empathetic and apologize if a mistake was made.
- Offer a solution or options and encourage the customer to offer his or her own solution.
- Take immediate action to implement the solution.
- Follow-up after the problem is resolved.
Delivering customer CARE is everyone's job, but it is especially important when dealing with a disgruntled or unhappy customer.
Check out my website for customer CARE workshops.