- Blog regularly and frequently to gain followers and to establish yourself as an expert.
- Choose topics that reflect your expertise.
- Share valuable information and insights that readers will want to share with others.
- Offer to write guest blogs for other experts in complementary industries.
- Join or form blogging cooperatives where several complementary experts create a blog and take turns writing posts. This expands your reach to all of their collective contacts.
- Update social media when your blogs post by using a service such as Hootsuite.
- Include hashtags and keywords in your post to rank higher in search engines so your posts come up more often.
- Add an invitation to follow your blog to every special report or article you write.
Even if you have been blogging for a while, taking time to approach it more strategically can make it—and your business—more successful. (See my blog post Your Blog Needs a Strategy to Succeed.)
Need help blogging for business? I offer a one-hour consultation to evaluate your blog and give you recommendations on how you can use it to drive bottom-line results. Visit me at One-Hour Consultation.