You’ve probably heard the advice, blog and post often. That is good advice, but only if you have a solid business reason for blogging. Your blog is a marketing strategy, and like all business strategies, it needs an objective. That’s the only way you can measure your ROI. When you approaching blogging strategically, you design it to reflect your brand and write all the posts to carry your brand messaging in order to meet your objectives.
Answer these questions about your blog:
2. What do you specifically want to achieve with your blog?
3. Who is the audience you want to reach with your blog?
4. What do you want the audience to do?
5. Where will you reach your audience?
6. How will you grow your followers?
7. How will you keep them engaged?
8. How will you use social media to push your blog out to your audience?
9. How will you integrate your blog into your larger marketing plan?
10. How will you measure the effectiveness of your blog?
Even if you have been blogging for a while, taking time to approach it more strategically can make it—and your business—more successful. See my blog post Your Blog Needs a Strategy to Succeed.
Need help blogging for business? I offer a one-hour consultation to evaluate your blog and give you recommendations on how you can use it to drive bottom-line results. Visit me at One-Hour Consultation.