The generation gap is the greatest and most complex it has ever been. Never before, have organizations needed to both manage age-diverse employees and serve an age-diverse customer base. Just as gender and ethnic diversity can lead to conflict and miscommunication, so can generational diversity. When your managers and employees understand how generational differences affect you, your workplace and your customers, you can:
· Communicate more effectively with different generations
· Serve customers better by understanding their primary motivators and preferred communication styles
· Promote greater respect, inclusion and teamwork among generations
Leveraging and valuing generation diversity and creating generation synergy can impact the bottom line, improve productivity, and enhance the customer experience. These interactive workshops will provide tools and resources to manage the challenges and capitalize on the opportunities offered by multiple generations. For example, just understanding communication preferences can impact how quickly and positively each generation responds to requests:
- · Traditionals: "Talk to me one-on-one."
- · Baby Boomers: "Let's have a meeting!"
- · Gen X: "Send me an email."
- · Gen Y: "Txt me."