A vibrant, active social media presence gives you opportunities to interact with customers and potential customers, promote your products and services, and demonstrate your expertise. A focused social media strategy opens the door to business and needs to be part of your overall marketing plan. Here are some tips to sharpen your social media savvy:
- Decide what you want to use social media for, such as marketing, customer service, etc., and integrate social media into your business plan.
- Identify where your current and potential customers are online and where your competitors are engaging them. At the minimum, set up accounts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, the three major social media networks.
- Create profiles that demonstrate how you work with clients;emphasize the benefits you bring that set you apart from your competitors.
- Establish a presence by posting updates regularly. Announce new products and services, make offers, share information, etc.
- Join--or form your own--special interest groups on Yahoo! and LinkedIn and participate in conversations to demonstrate your expertise.
- Learn how to use hashtags and backlinks to drive people to your website and blog.
- Tie your blog posts to your social media sites.
- Add useful tips and information, so people get value when they read what you write.
- Avoid hard self-promotion and give value instead.
If you do not have time to set and manage social media to your advantage, you can hire a social media manager or virtual assistant to set up and maintain a social media presence.
I deliver bottom-line results for entrepreneurs and help them create long-term business growth and profits with my Business Empire Strategy.
Need help turning your knowledge and expertise into products that drive business? Check out my Passion into Gold System! I connect the dots between where you are now and where you want to go.