Here are some guidelines for generating the trust of others.
- Demonstrate integrity in everything you do and say. This includes being responsible and accountable, honoring your word, requiring others to honor their words, doing what is right and honorable.
- Behave in consistent and predictable ways and maintain congruence between what you say and what you do.
- Be transparent to convey honesty and communicate that you have nothing to hide. Be clear and open about your intentions and motives.
- Be accessible. Walk around, talk to people, ask their opinions and ideas, meet them for coffee—relate to them as individuals and treat them as equals.
- Show genuine concern for others. Be sensitive to their needs, respect their points of view and be accepting of differences.
- Share decision-making and act on suggestions to make improvements where possible.
- Demonstratecompetence and share your expertise. Show others that you stay fresh, relevant, and capable within your field. Be willing and eager to help others by sharing information.
- Be loyal to the organization and others. Avoid gossip and rumors and refuse to get caught up in negative office politics.
Discover the gold mine you are sitting on with Patricia Haddock. She can take your message and passion and turn them into gold for bottom-line results. Discover how here!