Your brand is one of the most powerful tools you have for standing out from your competition and being memorable. Your brand must communicate quickly and easily who and what your business is. But it's not just a logo, name and tagline. Your brand extends to everything about your business including how you conduct yourself and the type of products and services you offer. You must integrate all of your content, products and services into consistent, credible brand messaging.
Many entrepreneurs fail to use branded content in a way that enhances their reputation and draws business to them. Follow these tips to create strategic content that reflects upon and enhances your brand:
- Put your logo and brand on everything
- Make sure your website design and content match what your brand stands for
- Create a variety of bio statements from a few sentences to several paragraphs that integrate your brand message and use them on everything
- Blog regularly about issues that affect your audience and that tie to your brand. See my blog post: Use Your Blog to Stand Out from the Competition
- Update your social media profiles so they market your brand and are not just mini-CVs
- Post regular updates to social networking sites and tie in your brand message