While Facebook is considered less important for business than LinkedIn, it is still a viable, valuable social medium that you want to have in your social media plan. Here are some tips to maximize your Facebook posts:
- Shorter is better. Keep posts between three and five sentences long to increase readability.
- Add an image to each post to capture attention.
- Include a call to action by asking them to "like" or "share."
- Ask a question that invites an answer.
- Use a tool like HootSuite to post information from websites and other blogs (including your own).
- Create a fan page, business page, and group for your business.
You can find my Facebook fan page at The Successful Professional.