Sharing valuable content on social media lets you interact with customers and potential customers, promote your products and services, and demonstrate your expertise. Avoid publishing "stuff." The goal isn't to put something out there; the goal is to market your business using social media. Social media--Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.,--are just vehicles by which you share your content. That content is king; you want to make sure it serves your business.
- Identify where your current and potential customers are online and where your competitors are engaging them. Focus your efforts on these social media sites.
- Create profiles that demonstrate how you work with clients, emphasize the benefits you bring, and set your business apart from your competitors.
- Establish a presence by posting updates regularly. Announce new products and services, make offers, share information, etc.
- Join or create special interest groups to start and participate in conversations that demonstrate your expertise.
- Learn how to use hash tags and back links to drive people to your website and blog.
- Tie your blog posts to your social media sites.
- Add useful content and information, so people get value when they read what you write. Avoid hard self-promotion.
Contact me for help creating strategic blog posts that integrate with all your content and drive your brand messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org.