As a communications consultant, I often have private clients come to me wanting to do an e-newsletter. E-newsletters have significant benefits for entrepreneurs and businesses:
- They are a cost-effective marketing medium.
- They keep you top of mind with the ability to have regular customer contact with your existing customer base.
- They can drive people to your website by adding links to more information or to products and services.
- They provide a forum for you to showcase your expertise and share client success stories and case studies.
- You can track click-throughs and open rates to evaluate the results of your efforts.
Things to Consider about E-Newsletters
Before you invest time and effort in an e-newsletter for your existing and potential clients, here are some questions to consider as you think it through:
- How will an e-newsletter enhance your brand?
- What is your goal for your e-newsletter?
- What is your target audience?
- What will the e-newsletter give your audience that is unique?
- What action do you want readers to take?
- Can you plan at least six issues ahead?
- Will content be evergreen or timely news or a combination?
- What provider will you use for design and delivery and what is the cost?
- Do you want to organize the newsletter around a theme? An activity? A function?
- How can you make it fun? Intriguing? Provocative? Memorable? Visual? Viral?
The more time you spend answering these questions, the more successful your e-newsletter will be, the easier it will be to design and write , and the more readers will want to read it! For content help, please contact me at email@example.com. Contact me to help with planning or writing an e-newsletter.