Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Are You Resilient?
1. Maintain good relationships with close family members, friends and others.
2. Avoid seeing crises or stressful events as unbearable problems.
3. Accept circumstances that cannot be changed.
4. Develop realistic goals and move towards them.
5. Take decisive action!
6. Look for opportunities of self-discovery after a struggle with loss.
7. Develop self-confidence.
8. Keep a long-term perspective and consider the stressful event in a broader context.
9. Maintain a hopeful outlook, expect good things and visualize what is wished.
10. Take care of one's mind and body by exercising regularly, paying attention to one's own needs and feelings and engaging in relaxing activities that one enjoys.
11. Learn from the past and maintain flexibility and balance in life.
Check out my workshop Developing as a Professional for ways of becoming more resilient.